In some cases, you might want to execute an action on multiple lists at the same time. For instance, if you want to send a blast email to multiple lists (codes) but not your full list. In such a case, there are potentially 2 ways to accomplish this. Here, we outlined steps for method 1, which is faster but isn't always possible. Here are steps for method #2.
- Know what source lists (codes) you are combining and their type. Let’s refer to these as source lists 1, 2, and 3
Method 2: Detailed Steps
First, we will need to create a new target list. This is the list that will contain all the source lists.
- Go to Manage Data / Configure Data Fields / Custom Codes
- Click add at the bottom to create a new list (code).
- Enter a name for the new code
- Select the appropriate category.
- Click save.
- We will refer to this as the target list.
Second, we just need to add the original ‘source lists’ to this new ‘target list’
- From within Manage Data, click the Manage and Clean Data tab at the top
- Click Mass-Edit existing data
- In the upper section, select source list 1
- In the lower section, select target list
- Click continue
- Everyone on source list 1 is now also on target list
- Repeat the steps in this section for each of the source lists