In some cases, you might want to execute an action on multiple lists at the same time. For instance, if you want to send a blast email to multiple lists (codes) but not your full list. In such a case, there are potentially 2 ways to accomplish this.
Method #1 is faster because it can be done in one step but might not be possible in all cases. Method #2 is a multi-step process but might be more simple to follow.
- Know what source lists (codes) you are combining and their type
Where it will not work:
- If one of the lists that you wish to combine is not on a simple code/list but rather a complex query.
Method 1: Detailed Steps
- Go to lists and Reports
- Click New List. This will walk you through the process of building a new query.
- New Constituent List
- Select the categories the correspond to your codes. For instance, if you are combining 2 custom codes (category = Interests and Memberships) along with a geographic code (category = Geographic Area) then you would select those two categories to build your query. There is no issue with selecting more categories than you need. In the example below, we've selected a membership code and 3 custom codes.
- As you proceed through, select the source codes that you wish to combine. Click proceed at each step.
- Save this as a new list by clicking save this list for future use. Add a name for your new combined 'target list'. Be sure to add a description that indicates what codes are included to make this list. This will make it easier to identify if you ever have to use it again.
- That's it. All persons on any of your source lists are now on this new 'target list'. Additionally, any time a person is added to one of the source lists, they will automatically be included in this list as well.
If you were not able to combine based on this process, please refer to method 2.