This app is only available to Blue Utopia clients with an active website.
IMPORTANT: Before you can add Blue Utopia's facebook sign-up app to a facebook page, you must be an administrator of that page. If you are not, please ask the current administrator to add you, which is done through the of the account management area of facebook.
STEP ONE: ADDING THE APP TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
- Go here: https://apps.facebook.com/blueutopia_signup/
- When prompted, log into facebook.
- Click on Go to App
- Click Allow
- You should see Blue Utopia. Click that link to link your facebook account with your Blue Utopia user account.
- If you're not already logged in, log into your Blue Utopia user account as normal
- Note: after entering your log-in info, you will automatically be returned to facebook
- Now click the page on the left-hand side for which you are adding this fundraising app.
- On the next screen click the link to add the app. This will take you to a new page.
- Click Add Blue Utopia. This adds the Blue Utopia Facebook Sign-Up App to your organization's page.
- You will now be automatically redirected to your main facebook page. This is a limitation of facebook's workflow. To get where we need to go, we must manually go back to the original url here: https://apps.facebook.com/blueutopia_signup/ (just copy and paste that url back into your address bar)
- Again, click on the organization in the left hand menu. You should now see the admin page of the Blue Utopia Facebook Sign-Up app
- Congratulations. Step One is done. You have successfully added the app to your page.
STEP TWO: CONFIGURING YOUR SIGN UP PAGE
Note to Multi-Client Users: If you have access to more than one Blue Utopia client and you are the administrator to more than one of their facebook pages, then you will see a dropdown, asking you to select which client you are setting up this page for.
- Begin customizing your sign-up page. Each section allows you to customize an individual element of your page and each section has a help file that explains it's role in more detail by scrolling over the help icon.
- When you've entered values for all the fields, click save.
- Click the link to view the page. This will launch a new tab, where you can see your page.
- You can return to the other tab to make edits until you have your page the way you'd like it.
OTHER NOTES AND ANSWERS
- You will now have a Sign-Up icon on your main page. The main page shows only 3 items at a time, without your visitor having to click the show more arrow. So if you want the sign-up button to show, you will have to limit the number of apps.
- All signups are automatically saved to your BU system so there is no need to double-enter anything.