Most all systems come pre-populated with a volunteer page. However, for some clients, it is useful to create a variety of volunteer codes and have visitors sign up for very specific tasks. This is easy to do. All you need to do is (a) create your individual volunteer codes and (b) customize your volunteer page to include those codes.
STEP ONE: Create your Codes:
- Navigate to Manage Data
- Click the Configure Data Fields tab
- Click Custom Codes
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add New Code
- Add a new code for every volunteer activity you want to display, store and/or track
- Navigate to Website
- Click Edit and Manage Website
- Click the pages tab
- Click the Sign-up sub-tab
- If you already have a volunteer page, click to edit it
- Scroll to the middle of the page and click "Volunteer Lists: Display Volunteer Info on page". Once you do this, you will see all of the volunteer codes you created above.
- Check the boxes next to all the volunteer codes you would like to include on your volunteer page
- If you would like to include a title or an introductory call to action within the section, enter it in the Title and Intro sections, respectively.
- Click Update
Visitors who submit this page will be coded with every list/code they check in the voluntere section, AS WELL AS any list that you mandate in the very bottom 'data-handling section'.