You must already have a Google account with Google Analytics turned on. If you do not have Google Analytics activated for your account, sign-on to your google account and sign-up for a Google Analytics account. Please refer to Google Help for assistance setting up your Analytics account.
To connect your Blue Utopia website to your Google Analytics account, follow these steps:
- From the admin section of your Google Analytics, go into the admin section
- Be sure your website's domain is present. If it not, add it as a new account
- From within the Admin area still, click the domain. You should be on the Profiles tab for that domain
- Click the link for Tracking Code
- At the very top of the screen you will see a Tracking ID, followed by a UA and some numbers. This is what you need.
- Copy the entire alpha-numeric code, starting with the UA and ending with the -1
Top add that code to your Website
- Log into your Blue Utopia admin panel
- Click Website in the left-hand menu
- Click Site Configuration
- Click the Preferences tab
- Scroll to the bottom and you should see an entry box for 'Google Analytics'
- Paste the entire Google code into the box. You should see the UA-xxxxxxxx-1 with no other characters.
Your website is now connected to your Google Analytics account and Google is now tracking your traffic. It may take a few days to begin getting a base of data.