With most sites, the menu is already configured for you by Blue Utopia, but you can also use Site Configuration to modify the items.
- Log in to the Admin panel
- Click the "Website" tab in the left-hand menu
- Click the "Site Configuration" tab
- Click the "Menu" tab
You will now see the menu configuration display, where all your active (and inactive) menu items are listed, hierarchially arranged.
Each menu item can be edited with the following fields:
- Name: This is the name that will be visible in the site’s menu
- Link: This is the URL for the link (typically left blank for headers)
- Browse: Clicking the arrow icon will bring up a list of your site’s pages where you can select a page to link to
- Type: This determines whether a menu item is a “link” or a “header." A header is the link on your site’s navigation menu that you move your mouse over to make a full category of items appear. It can be linked to a page, which is good if you don't plan on having any sub-menus. "Links" are the items that appear under headers.
- Status: Here you can set a link as active or disabled; disabling rather than deleting a link allows you to save it for future use
- Order: This is where you set the order of menu items.
- Delete: This will delete the link permanently