News can help support the issue areas that are central to the campaign. To add a news article, follow these steps:
To get to the News page
- Login and go to site manager
- Click "Edit & Manage Website"
- Choose the "News" action and select the edit mode
- To edit an existing article, click "Edit Existing" and select it from the list.
Creating the News Article- Overview
- Title: Enter the title of the article
- Content: Enter a text-only summary of the article. This should be enough to highlight the point of the article only.
- Related Link :Enter the full url link of the story
- Publish Date: Enter the day the article was published
- Tags: Enter applicable descriptive tags to make it easier for users to find items on a particular theme from your site.
- Topic: This can be used to group same-topic articles together for users, who wish to read issue-related news. In the example above, by clicking on Social Security in the box at right, all news under Social Security would be presented.
- Featured News Item: If you're using the featured news sidebar widget, this will place a link to the article there.
- By: Enter the article author
- Source: Enter the publication name.
Important Notes about News:
The news section is not designed to publish and display full articles – only summaries. News agencies frown on localizing copyrighted content. If full article display is used, you will need to enter the full article content in html format.
Topics are created and managed at the database level and must be submitted to email@example.com or the Blue Utopia Partner serving your campaign.
Many newspapers move older news items into archived sections of their online news site. This frequently breaks the link created in the step above. There are two ways to manage this; (a) try to use sites that use ongoing static links and/or (b) frequently test the links and update news items with the new link in the permanent (archive) section of the online news site.