Just like adding a Press Release, Blogs do not require html tags. You can simply type or cut and paste from Text Pad. To get to the blog entry page, go to Site Manager, click on "Edit and Manage Website," choose the editing mode, and choose the blog action.
Creating a Blog Entry
The following runs through all of the fields on the blog creation page.
- Title: Enter the title of the blog entry
- Content: Enter the text-only of the blog entry.
- Related Link: If the posting is based on a news article, place the original story url link here. Otherwise, leave blank.
- Posted By: The name of the person posting the entry
- Topic: Enter the topic. This is used to group same-topic blog entries together for blog readers, who wish to read related blog entries, for example a series of Poverty Blog Items
- Add to Featured Blog Posts: This and any other blog posts you mark as such can be highlighted as a featured blog by using one of our pre-made sidebar items. See Adding Sidebar items for more info
- Tags: Labeling a blog post with relevant category information will make it easier for visitors looking into the topic to find the relevant blog post
Editing and Deleting Blog Entries
To get to the editing page, click "Edit Existing"
- Edit/Delete Blog Entry: The Edit and Delete buttons in the "Edit Existing" page allow the campaign user to edit or delete any existing blog.
- Edit/Delete Blog Comments: By clicking “edit” for any Current Blog Entry, you can then edit or delete any comment relating to a blog entry