You can push standard campaign press releases to the website very easily through the Press Release section. The Press Release area does not require the use of html tags.
Getting to the Press Release Page
- Login and access Site Manager
- Click on "Manage & Edit website" and choose editing mode
- Choose the "Press Release" action.
- The "Create New" page will appear. Click "Edit Existing" if you want to edit a previous press release
Creating the Press Release
The following describes the five parts of the press release form.
- Title: Enter the title of the Press Release
- Content: Enter the text of the Press Release without html tags. It is best to use text pad or notepad and not Microsoft Word. If you do use MS Word (to ensure spelling), simply cut and paste into Text Pad then into Site Manager. The reason for this is that Word often inserts formatting characters that cannot be read by the database
- Publish Date: Enter the day you plan to release it. It is NOT an automatic press release publisher.
- Related Page: In many cases, Press Releases are closely related to issues that are important to the campaign. If this is the case, use the Related Page drop-down box to link the Press Release to a specific content page on the site. This provides a natural next step in the communication process with the reader of the press release.
- Tags: Enter any applicable descriptive tags to make it easier to find for site visitors