The sidebar is the right-hand column of the page. You can add text or graphical items to the sidebar, which can be displayed across the entire site or only on certain pages that you specify.
To create/edit a Sidebar item:
- Log in to the Admin panel
- Click the "Website" tab in the left-hand menu
- Click the "Manage & Edit Website" tab
- Click the "Sidebar" tab
Here you have the option of creating your own item for the content box, or using one of our pre-made sidebar items which include navigation and social media widgets (click "Browse Inventory" to see a list). When you select an item from the inventory, it will take you back to the "Create" page with the requisite HTML entered in the content box.
The following explains the individual items in the sidebar creation page, which is divided in two steps.
- Title: This is the title of the sidebar item and should always be entered.
- Display Title?: Sidebar items have a title bar by default. In the example below, Paul Hackett used a light blue title bar for sidebar items. To turn the title bar off on any individual item, click no.
- Content: This is the HTML content of the box. The basic editor may also be used for simple boxes.
- Display this item on: This lets you control where this sidebar item appears. It can be limited to pages on certain topics or pages with specific tags.
- Alignment: Allows you to choose the alignment within the box.
- Publish: Allows you to publish now or save it for later.
Note: The default width of the homepage sidebar is 200 pixels. Your sidebar images for the homepage, if taking the entire box, should be 199 pixels wide. However, the sidebar for news and blog sections is only 155 pixels wide. Your sidebar images for these sections, if taking the entire box, should be 154 pixels wide.