You can easily post a video almost anywhere on your site via the use of the Object Code. However, while the videos can be viewed from your site, they don't actually 'live' here. They will need to first be posted to an online video service. The two that are integrated into our system at this time are YouTube (http://youtube.com) and Vimeo (http://vimeo.com).
Once you have posted your video to one of these two services:
- Go to where your video is located
- Find the feature to 'share' the video. On YouTube, the feature is currently located by clicking the red button in the bottom right corner of the video screen OR in a button below the video titled 'Embed'.
- By clicking the Embed button or inside the embed textbox, you are copying the embed code.
- Now, log into the Admin panel
- Click the "Website" tab on the left-hand menu
- Important: select Advanced as your mode. Pasting embed code will not work in Basic mode.
- Navigate to the area that you want to publish the video (sidebar, homepage, any specific page, etc)
- Paste the embed code exactly where you want the video to appear.
- If you need to alter the size of the video display, you can do that by altering the height and width inside the embed code.
- Click "Save"
Hint: by altering only the width, the browser will automatically manage the ratio so you don't have to do it manually.