You can post videos to the video page of your site from within Site Manager to create a video gallery/media page that displays automatically.
Please note though, that while the videos can be viewed from your site, they are not hosted here. They will need to first be posted to one of two integrated video hosting sites -- YouTube or Vimeo.
The process for posting a video is specific. Please read these directions carefully.
Get the link of your video (YouTube)
- Go to the YouTube video
- Go to the address bar in the top of the browser and copy the full url
- DO NOT click the 'share' link and copy this link. This feature was added to YouTube AFTER we built this integration and that link will not work.
- Your url should look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkYjyfdfsfZog5o
- Not like this: https://youtu.be/_kkYjysdfsfZog5o
Temporary Note: YouTube has changed the security settings for all videos. The url is now a secure link like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkYjyfdfsfZog5o. However, the link you will need to paste can NOT have the 's' in the protocol. You must drop the s from the https:// portion. So the link will need to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkYjyfdfsfZog5o. This is the link you would paste into the video page.
To Add the Video
- Click Site Manager on the left-hand menu
- You may have to select the mode of operation (Basic or Advanced)
- Click the tab for Edit and Manage Website, then Pages, then Video Pages
You will see the "Create New" page where you will have to fill out the following fields.
- Title: Enter the Video’s Title
- Video Info: Enter a short description of the video
- Video Type: The site that the video is hosted on, which at this moment, can only be YouTube or Vimeo
- Video URL: Copy and paste the URL of the video here. (see note from above)
- Active: Controls whether video appears on site or not.