When you have a duplicate record (individual person) and you need to remove one of them, follow these steps:
- Go to the record you want to keep in the Constituents area
- From the main tab, go to the Action row at the bottom and click the merge records icon
- The search box should default to search for last name and state but you can add other search criteria to find the record to be merged
- Select the correct record to be merged and click save.
- The original record will inherit all the information from the duplicate one and the duplicate one will be deleted.