If you have a list of email contacts that you’d like to add to your email lists, you will need to use the "Import Email Data" feature. You can access this by clicking "Email Campaigns" from the left hand navigation and selecting the "Import Email Data" option. The instructions below follows the four step process which is laid out on the page. Some options within "Import Email Data" are not available to all subscribers and are noted as such.
This is where you download our Excel template file, which has three columns: email, fname (first name), and lname (last name.) You must enter your data according to our template for the import to work.
Once you have created your file, click “I have verified the format of my import file” and steps 2-4 will appear.
Here you find and upload your Excel file.
This is where you can add identifying attributes to the imported emails.
Online Only-If you’ve purchased the Online Only system, only the following field matters. You can fill out the other fields, but you will not be able to send email to supporters based those criteria.This is where you’ll add identifying attributes to this group of contacts.
- Online & Email- Use this menu to choose which email list to add the contacts to.
Back office If you purchased the full back office system, all fields have full functionality.
- Standard Code:
- Issues: This field has a dropdown menu of issues that might concern this group of contacts.
- Custom Code: This menu has a list of any custom codes created by you in Data Manager.
- Relationship: This menu allows you to define your candidate’s relation to the contact group, such as “Donors” or “Friends and Family.”
- Membership in: These fields have a drop down menu of many possible organizations your contacts could be a member of, such asthe ACLU, PTA, and Young Democrats.
- Original Source This is a flexible field can be used to leave notes on where the records came from
This step will allow you to associate the imported contacts with any projects and/or tasks created in Campaign Manager, if you have subscribed to that service.
The final step is to simply click the "Upload" Button