You can navigate to the process of importing email contacts in two ways:
- Email Campaigns / Import Email Data
- Manage Data / Import / Email
Both of the above navigation paths take you to the Import Email form, where you will follow this process. Note: The is the same general process for all imports.
Step One is to load your data
- Be sure any codes that you want to associate with your import have been created
- Download the Excel import template
- Paste your email data into the template. Be sure the column names remain unchanged.
- Save the formatted import file to your computer
- Browse to the file and upload
- Add an original source. This marks where a new record came from and is required .
- Now select and codes that you want to associate with your list
- Note. Email Opt-In Universe is the default list for your full email list.
At this point, the import file is loaded to a temporary table. Each record in the file is compared to the records in your system to determine if the record is new or already in your database. When complete (usually 2-5 minutes) you are notified via email that this process is done and you need to proceed to step 2.
Step Two is to process (sync) your data
- Click the link in the email to go directly to the page to process your processed file. Alternatively, you can go to the history page here: http://my.blueutopia.com/admin/pages/250/252/?&subchild=254
- You should see your file in the list. The import icon will be blue (active). Click the process icon
- You will now see the outcome of the import de-dupe process in step 1. It will inform you that n records were already found to exist in your database and r records were determined to be new.
- Your options are to:
- discard the existing records (proceeds with the import and excludes these records)
- append the existing records (adds existing records to the codes selected in step 1)
- overwrite the existing records (overwrites any existing data with data from import file)
- Click Continue. This will now sync the data in your import file to your database based on the selections above.